On 2nd July 2018, The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (NRE) was restructured to form the
Ministry of Water, Land and Natural Resources (KATS). The new ministry was formed from the amalgamation of the Land and Natural Resources components from NRE and the water sector from the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA). Meanwhile, the Climate Change Division and Department of Environment were transferred to the Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology and Environment & Climate Change (MESTECC).
The Agencies under KATS are:
- Department of Irrigation and Drainage (JPS)
- National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM)
- Department of Water Supply (JBA)
- Sewerage Services Department (JPP)
- Department of Director General of Lands and Mines (JKPTG),
- Department of Survey & Mapping Malaysia (JUPEM)
- National Institute of Land and Survey (INSTUN)
- Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia (JPSM)
- Department of Wildlife & National Parks Peninsular Malaysia (PERHILITAN)
- Minerals and Geoscience Department Malaysia (JMG)
- Department of Biosafety (JBK)
- Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
- Lembaga Jurukur Tanah (LJT)
- Lembaga Penyelidikan & Kemajuan Timah
- Board of Geologists Malaysia
- National Water Services Commission(SPAN)
- Pengurusan Asset Air Berhad (PAAB)
- Indah Water Konsortium (IWK)
KATS is responsible for:
Water, Land and Natural Resources Management.
- Water management from source to end use.
- Irrigation and drainage management.
- Sewerage Services
Management of land, surveying and mapping administration.
- Land management and administration.
- Land surveying.
- Processing of maps
Conservation and management of biodiversity and shelters.
- Forest management.
- Wildlife management.
- Marine park management.