Focal Areas 1: Natural Resource Management
- Projects and activities intended to involve community participation in the management, monitoring and protection of important areas of biological diversity, and environmentally sensitive areas;
- Projects and activities intended for in-situ management and monitoring of biological diversity including ecosystems and species;
- Projects and activities intended for ex-situ management and monitoring of biological diversity, local species and genetic resources; and
- Projects and activities towards mainstreaming biodiversity conservation and sustainable management of natural resources in mitigating and adaptation to climate change.
Focal Area 2: Research and Development
Funding for research and development (R&D) activities in the fields of science, technology and socio-economy related to conservation of biological diversity and sustainable management of natural resources that are aligned to conservation related policies and national commitments in multilateral environmental agreements.
Focal Areas 3: Capacity Building
- Projects and activities that foster understanding in the implementation, enforcement and improvement of policies, laws, regulations, and guidelines in the fields of conservation;
- Projects and activities for human resource development and training for conservation of biological diversity and sustainable management of natural resources, including strengthening and understanding of policies, laws, regulations, guidelines and national obligations in international conventions and forums;
- Projects and activities intended to increase public awareness through education, training, and capacity development, including supporting protection and conservation campaigns; and
- Organising seminars, courses, workshops, conferences and colloquiums funded by NCTF.
Focal Areas 4: Sustainable Financing Mechanism
Projects and activities for the implementation of sustainable financing mechanisms, financial and other sources of benefit transfer between the Federal and State governments.
*** Applications for NCTF are open
WHO CAN APPLY
- The following organisations are eligible to apply for funding from the NCTF:
- Government agencies;
- Research institutes and universities; and
- Locally registered non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community-based organisation (CBOs) and civil society organisations (CSOs).
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit an electronic and hardcopy of the proposal to the secretariat following the format outlined.
- Please click on the links below to download
Biodiversity and Forestry Management Division
Ministry of Water, Land and Natural Resources
Level 12, Wisma Sumber Asli,
No. 25 Persiaran Perdana, Precinct 4
. : 03-8886 1528/ 1073/ 1667Fax